Knee-Deep in Paperwork!
The adoption machine is really cranking out the paperwork now! We're almost done with all of the necessary paperwork for our homestudy and Dossier and we finally received all of the documentation needed in order to send our I-600A to USCIS which will be sent today! After that is received by immigration, we will be invited for fingerprinting (since we're being invited, doesn't it sound like there will be a party?). Once our homestudy report is sent to immigration, the long wait for the I-171H begins...this could take 2-3 months. After that, we can have all of our documents authenticated and sent to China! Hopefully this will be by Thanksgiving, but definitely should be by Christmas.
Tom is at his physical appointment as I write this. I suppose I should actually be working, but I've strategically positioned my monitor so the boss can't see what I'm doing. This has me feeling guilty because of the stellar employer reference he wrote for me but it's not like he gave me a raise or anything...(note to self: DO NOT give Dick this website!).
I'm beginning to think that the entire adoption process is a lot like being on Noah's ark...there's two of everything! Two fingerprinting appointments, 2 medical forms, 2 employer references, 2 financial statements - you get the idea. All of this to get ONE precious baby! Of course, most of this is because we have 2 separate agencies handling our adoption and homestudy.
It feels exhilerating to get all of this paperwork done! Grace is within reach and we're not letting go!
Tom is at his physical appointment as I write this. I suppose I should actually be working, but I've strategically positioned my monitor so the boss can't see what I'm doing. This has me feeling guilty because of the stellar employer reference he wrote for me but it's not like he gave me a raise or anything...(note to self: DO NOT give Dick this website!).
I'm beginning to think that the entire adoption process is a lot like being on Noah's ark...there's two of everything! Two fingerprinting appointments, 2 medical forms, 2 employer references, 2 financial statements - you get the idea. All of this to get ONE precious baby! Of course, most of this is because we have 2 separate agencies handling our adoption and homestudy.
It feels exhilerating to get all of this paperwork done! Grace is within reach and we're not letting go!
.jpg)

1 Comments:
Welcome to the paperchase! It sounds like you are on a good roll with paperwork. Fingers crossed it won't take as long as you are expecting it to.
Susan
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home