Friday, July 14, 2006

End of the Proverbial Rope

Yeah I know, things have been kind of quiet here at Graceland lately. Our frustration with The Wait is at an all-time high. I am actually starting to see it get to my husband, who is the level-headed, don't-let-it-get-to-you, there's-nothing-you-can-do-about-it, one in our family. When we were preparing our Dossier, we expected to receive Grace's referral in June or July, and here we are along with so many others who just don't know when we will see our precious daughter. To use a term I hate: This Sucks.

Along with pursuing the traditional China adoption program, we are also in line for a Waiting Child referral with our agency. We've had some questions about what this means and how it works. To put it simply, we could get the call any day from our agency saying they have a file of a Waiting Child for us to review. If for some reason CCAI doesn't receive a file from the CCAA with the age and minor medical conditions we have requested, we will remain in the traditional program and receive a referral whenever those with a December 5th log-in-date get matched. So, it could be any day now or it could be next year. We just don't know when, but we do know that what's meant to be, will be.

I would have to say that this is the lowest we've felt since beginning this journey to our daughter. But there's no backing down now...She means everything to us. We've taken the path of least resistance in most situations in our lives and we're not about to do so this time. All of this hurt and frustration will be erased once that magical day comes when we see our daughter, and we know that. In the meantime, we're dangling at the end of our ropes and we're trying desperately to pull ourselves back up. And we will. For Grace.

9 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Hang in there y'all. It's been such a long road, but try to keep in mind how worth it will be when you finally get to hold Grace in your arms! I'll say a prayer for patience and endurance for you guys (and me too!!) Try to have a good weekend!!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Jacquie said...

I feel badly that you're feeling so badly. Wish I could help. But I can't think of one thing to say because I know the only thing that will work is THAT phone call. Maybe a lunch at Cheesecake Factory will help a tiny bit?????

1:23 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Keep your spirits up Kim. Before you know it, the time will be here and Grace will be with her forever family. :0) Of course, it's easy for me to say since I've only just begun the wait. I'll add you to my prayer list.
-Robin

7:18 PM  
Blogger Tonia said...

Just keep remembering what/who is at the end of this long winding road! Grace is going to be the end result to all this suffering and pain that you are feeling. Once you have her in your arms, the wait will be a distant memory and it will feel like she has always been there!! Keep hanging on girl.

~Sending bunches of hugs your way

5:18 AM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

I'm feeling the same way....
YES!!!!THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

5:37 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Oh - I sure know the feeling!! But - each day that goes by is one day closer. Great how I can say this in a positive light to others but not myself....kidding. I really do believe it. One day closer. The day WILL get here - promise!!

Colleen~

6:44 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

We'll get there....eventually... Hugs to you both.

Shannon
LID 11/24/05

2:53 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Kim, it sounds like you guys are on a major roller coaster right now not know if it will be tomorrow or months from now. It must be incredibly difficult to be dealing with the regular wait AND the Waiting Child list at the same time!

I'm sending a giant HUG you're way!

Donna :)

9:57 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I can't imagine what you are feeling. We don't have our LID yet, so try to remember what it was like when you were at that point. This will happen. For you, for me, and for thousands of other people in "the wait". It will be so worth it!

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home