Thursday, September 15, 2005

Pass the Kleenex

We received the first draft of our Homestudy report today via email! I can't explain exactly why, but this document has made me very emotional. Perhaps actually seeing on paper that someone has authorized us to be parents has done this to me, or maybe it's that this document is a compilation of our lives that have brought us to this point. Maybe it's the fact that our social worker wrote so beautifully about our relationship and immense desire to adopt and raise Grace with such a strong love and devotion. None-the-less, I'm weepy.

When I read "Mr. and Mrs. B have been unable to conceive a child biologically and have experienced multiple miscarriages" I felt a bit of confirmation, for lack of a better word. Yes, we ARE infertile. Yes, we HAVE lost multiple babies. All of the hell we've been through has been realized and is now over with. We ARE permitted to adopt one little Chinese angel, 0-12 months old, to love and cherish forever. We ARE recommended as excellent parents. After all of our struggles to achieve our family, those words are like sweet music to our ears.

5 Comments:

Blogger Johnny said...

Congrats.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Jacquie said...

I know! Isn't the last part where they wrote that you were approved just great?

I'm glad yours was written beautifully. Mine sucked! Bad grammar, spelling errors, wrong info, missing info, you name it.

Congratulations!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Tonia said...

Congratulations Kim! I know that this is a MAJOR milestone in the process. We also had multiple MC's. 5 to be exact, 3 resulting in surgery. I know where you are coming from. Grace will be in your arms before you know it (I know, not soon enough). These days will then seem like a distant past.

Hugs -
Tonia
http://ourfulingprincess.blogspot.com/

5:01 PM  
Blogger Lindsey said...

Congrats!! Didn't that just make your day AWESOME! It's one of them moments when for a second you feel like you are on top of the world!!!! My mom had 4 miscarriages one resulting in the loss of twins, she will never forget the day that we got ours it was a bittersweet day for my Mom. Congrats again!!
DTC 7/25:LID 8/11 for Chloe

7:02 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Congratulations! It's nice to read on paper that someone thinks you will be a great mom isn't it? You're on your way now!

Colleen

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home