Bah Humbug
'Tis the season to be jolly, isn't that how the song goes? Whoever wrote that song obviously has never adopted. I'm not jolly. Not even close. I'm in a foul mood a majority of the time because of all of the uncertainty about the wait time to referral. One agency is reporting that they are expecting referrals for only half of April's LID's. Since we will have a LID of late November or December, if the CCAA continues matching half months, it will be well over a year until we have our referral. Our agency is reporting a wait time of 8-10 months. That's looking doubtful. Reminder: we went into this adoption expecting a wait of 6-7 months. A bit disappointing, wouldn't you say? I'm holding out hope that things will speed up over there in China. Hope is all we have at this point.
Then, to compound the frickin' funk I'm in, Tom is going out-of-town on business for 2 or more weeks starting next week. Oh joy. As I was bitchingly picking up the mess he leaves around the house on a daily basis, I reminded myself that at least he will be home tonight. That won't be the case next week. The only thing saving me from throttling his boss for sending him away during the holidays is the fact that he will be home on the weekends. There's my charitable contribution for the season; boss-man gets to live.
Thank goodness Tom bought me some Ho-Ho's yesterday. I need all the chocolate I can muster up right now. I think I'll chase it down with a Mike's cranberry lemonade. That oughta take the edge off.
Then, to compound the frickin' funk I'm in, Tom is going out-of-town on business for 2 or more weeks starting next week. Oh joy. As I was bitchingly picking up the mess he leaves around the house on a daily basis, I reminded myself that at least he will be home tonight. That won't be the case next week. The only thing saving me from throttling his boss for sending him away during the holidays is the fact that he will be home on the weekends. There's my charitable contribution for the season; boss-man gets to live.
Thank goodness Tom bought me some Ho-Ho's yesterday. I need all the chocolate I can muster up right now. I think I'll chase it down with a Mike's cranberry lemonade. That oughta take the edge off.
.jpg)

7 Comments:
oh, I could use some Mikes cranberry lemonade.
I love my hubby, but when he is gone my house has never been cleaner. He's been home sick and the house is an embarassment. Maybe he can make up for being gone with a really nice xmas gift...a really really nice xmas gift :)
Gen
They're sending him out of town right before the holidays??? What the hell?
I think you're going to need something stronger than Ho-Ho's and Mike's lemonade. Maybe a whole bag of Guittard chocolate chips (do they sell those in Ohio?) and a really big bottle of deep, dark, red wine.
Are you kidding me? A brand of chocolate I haven't heard of? Tell me about Guittard...I need the hard stuff, man!
Aw, I hate to see you sad. But I so know what you're going through. A few years ago my husband was out of town for work for the two weeks before Christmas and got back at midnight the 23rd. But boy, was my house clean and ready. I wish I could send some of my good cheer through the internet lines here for ya. Hang in there, you're not alone!
Right there with you. I really think we should all go to China and "volunteer" to help speed up the process. It seems they could use a little help and we could all use...hmmm...BABIES!!!
Tiffany
P.S. - There's really nothing better than Dove dark chocolate. Buyer Beware!!!!
Awh, sweetie - I wish that there were something that I could say to make thing's better, but I know I can't. You want your baby and I know how that feels. It SUCKS!! Just know that I'm sending hugs your way and hoping and praying with you that things speed up.
Lots of love -
Tonia from Our Fuling Princess
Ho-hos? Pass 'em over girl! :)
I know how you feel about hubby traveling. Mine gets sent to Japan occasionally, and it sucks!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home