You've Got Mail!



Last Wednesday we mailed a care package off to Grace. In it, we included a very soft blanket; 2 summer outfits; a miniature version of the "pink puppy" that barks when you squeeze him; a small photo album which includes pictures of us, our dogs and immediate family; a camera in hopes that her nannies will take pictures of Grace and return it to us when we receive her; and a package of Oreo's for the nannies.
It is our understanding, and I'm not 100% sure if this is correct, that children who are being adopted (as-well-as their orphanages) aren't aware that they have a new family until we actually receive our travel notice. In her package, we were instructed to include a copy of our Letter of Intent, not only so her orphanage knows which child the package is for, but this also tells them to begin getting her ready for her new family. Of course, we don't know if she'll understand what is about to happen to her, but it is comforting to think of her sitting on a nanny's lap, looking at pictures of us and learning who we are.
.jpg)

3 Comments:
Woohoo! I hope that good stuff finds its way to Grace ASAP!
That is so cool. I wish our agency allowed us to send a care package. And you know I'm a fan of the pink puppy!
I'm so excited for you. I second Connie's comments.. I hope your care packeage finds its way to Grace soon. :-)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home