Sunday, August 14, 2005

Homestudy Hyperventilation

Our homestudy is schduled for Thursday and I am in panic-mode. We met our social worker on Saturday and she is as nice as can be and totally put me at ease about this 4 hour-long examination of our lives. Well, the "ease" I felt lasted for about an hour. Now I am formulating my game-plan in my head: dust, scrub, mop and vacuum like a mad woman. That grout on the bathroom floor is looking a little dingy...better get out the toothbrush to scrub it. When's the last time I cleaned the tops of the door frames? What if she looks in our bathroom drawers and sees that I am a superficial beauty product junkie? Heaven help me...

You know what my biggest worry is about the homestudy? Well, I will tell you...DOGS. Will tweedle dee and tweedle dum be on their best behavior? I highly doubt it. So, Tom is taking the day off work for the sole purpose of wearing them out so they are tired and lethargic by the time 4:00 rolls around. Really, they are sweet dogs, but turn into true animals when people are here. I can't very well yell at them and scold them while the social worker is here now can I?

I digress. Time to clean...

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

I remember when we had our homestudy. My mom was a wreck trying to clean EVERYTHING and organize everything in the house. When our social worker came and started looking at everything I was like "all this cleaning was totally worth it"! Good Luck!!!
DTC 7/25/05 for Chloe Madison Jones

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home