So You've Had a Bad Day
That Daniel Powter song keeps playing through my head because, yes, I have had a bad day. Nothing earth-shattering has happened but I just feel...lost. I was making such great progress with feeling excited and motivated again about Grace's adoption, and today I just find myself missing her so much it hurts. Yes, I miss her, and I've never even met her. I feel as if I need her, just as I need air. I have a lump in my throat from choking back the tears I need to cry and my arms ache so much to hold her.
Perhaps my feelings are being brought to the surface by seeing two of my friends receive their beautiful daughters after waiting so long. Congratulations to Susan and Heather for finally being able to hold their beautiful daughters. After all they've endured to get to this point, their hearts and arms are full. This is what being blessed is all about and what I so desperately long for.
Perhaps my feelings are being brought to the surface by seeing two of my friends receive their beautiful daughters after waiting so long. Congratulations to Susan and Heather for finally being able to hold their beautiful daughters. After all they've endured to get to this point, their hearts and arms are full. This is what being blessed is all about and what I so desperately long for.
.jpg)

6 Comments:
I'm really sorry that you are feeling so down, I know that some days are just like that. Sometimes you just need to yell & cry, so go ahead.
Thinking of you & sending (((hugs)))
Monica
Oh, Kim, I'm sorry that you're having a sucky day. I wish we could all give you a great big hug. I don't think anyone else, besides other waiting families, truly knows how we feel. It's definitely indescribable at times and no one else understands.
I hope it makes you feel better that we all understand and send our love!
Donna :)
Ok, let's blame Heather. When I saw her pics today I was so happy for her, but it made me miss my baby that much more. So yeah, I know what you mean and I'm all about blaming someone. So, why not Heather?!
Hang in there..... I'm right here with ya.
Hang in there, your happy days are coming, and actually once they arrove you don't get any good rest for quite a while...so rest up sometimes while you wait. I do understand how long it feels. It would be so much easier to atually have a 'due date' you can trust. Our family eventually had to accept that NO date was accurate and lots of dates we hoped for just kept on leaving us by the wayside. All of a sudden..it was time to go, and it has been busy ever since. So blame me too, or actually blame my daughter as my grand-daughter Elia from Mexico finally got to go home last Friday night. My daughter will quickly admit she di dher share of crying and the waiting was all but unbearable at times, mostly those times when there seemed to be No news at all for an extended period of time. I am so glad that is over. It's going to be over for you too, so don't lose your samity now. your litle one is going to need a sane Mom. Chocolate...try some chocolate!!! ((((hugs)))
Hey girlie --
All I can do is send you some BIG cyber hugs. I wish that you had Gracie in your arms right now. The wait is just HORRIBLE!!!! Hang in there!! The only advice I have is just keep preparing for her to feel close to her. That is what I did. When I just couldn't stand it anymore -- I went to Once Upon a Child (Gently used store) and shopped my heart out!! I would walk out with bags of stuff for Delaynee. It just brought me closer to her to buy her something.
Love ya -
Tonia
I am sorry that you are sad today. I think a lot of us can relate, but I know that it doesn't make it any easier. Hang in there and try some retail therapy.
By the way, the bracelet that I posted on Giorgia Danette...
It looks like it is gold, but actually, it is sterling silver. I found it at T.J. Maxx for $14.99. :)
Stephe
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home