Ahhh, Retail Therapy
Tom and I each took a vacation day today and just decided to putz around. After a leisurely lunch at Smokey Bones, we proceeded to indulge in a little retail therapy. Here are a few highlights of our mini-shopping spree:Borders: Tom and I have both heard fellow dog lovers rave about "Marley and Me: Life and Love With the World's Worst Dog", so of course we had to purchase it. Tom inists that he will read it, which is surprising to me since if it's not about sports, he doesn't read it. Speaking of sports, he picked up the latest issue of Bucknuts magazine, perfect reading material for the library (you know - the bathroom). And what trip to the book store would be complete without a self-indulgent purchase of chick-lit? So, I decided to add "Goodnight Nobody" by Jennifer Weiner to the stack of books on my nightstand shelf.
Best Buy: We've been holding onto a gift card from Best Buy since Christmas and decided to use it towards a new Cannon Power Shot camera.
Costco: Our sole purpose for going to Costco was to purchase a pineapple. They are only $2.50 there, which is cheap. We also bought a honeydew melon and a 7-layer dip. And the best part of our trip? The little Chinese girl that we stalked around the store.
.jpg)

9 Comments:
Kim - Marley and Me is such a great book.. esp if you are dog lover. I usually don't like reading at all but I loved that book. Found myself both laughing and crying. I also love all books by Jennifer Weiner. If you have not read it.. get her very first one "Good in Bed". It's not exactly like it sounds but is a GREAT read! (lots of chuckling)
GO BUCKEYES !!!
Hey Robin!
I love Jennifer Weiner, too and "Good in Bed" was great! I also loved "In Her Shoes". I can't wait to read my new finds!
SHUT UP! I just started Marley and Me last weekend in anticipation of my summer freedom. Let me know when you get to the end of chapter 6.
I've never read Jennifer Wiener. Hmmm.... May have to check her out.
Jennifer W. has another one. Little earthquakes.
while it is about pregnant women and their journey of motherhood it was a good read. I recommend it.
Love the stalking the asian girl at the costco, ahh good times!
I never leave Costco with one thing. How did you do that????
Sounds like a fun day! I loved reading Marley and Me - you will find yourself laughing out loud and teary-eyed at other parts. I'm not familiar with Jennifer Weiner so I'll go check out her books because I need a reading diversion! Thanks!
You both will LOVE LOVE LOVE Marley and Me. Such a great book!!!!
I've read all of Jennifer Weiner's books as well. Little Earthquakes was great also, if you haven't read it yet. I love talking about books - have you noticed?
Try Luanne Rice's Cloud Nine - if you can read that book without crying you have no heart!
I started reading Marley & Me on my commuter train...I think the guy next to me hated me...I was laughing & snorting all the way into Penn Station & then again home...the woman on the way home just kept giving me weird looks. Everyone who has grown up with dogs has a St. Shaun & a Marley in their lives, if we are really blessed we have more than one of each!
LuAnne Rice's Cloud Nine was great & made me cry also...there's no way to avoid it.
My new digital camera is a Cannon and I am very happy with it.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home