ooh Yum!
I absolutely love to bake and had the itch to do so this morning. In an effort to satisfy my chocolate craving, I made Granola Chocolate Chip Cookies from this November's Gourmet magazine. I figure that since they have more granola than chocolate in them, they would be a suitable breakfast food! No matter when you plan to eat them, you've got to try them! They are wonderful! Here's the recipe:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg
1 cup granola - chop clusters if large
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350*
Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in small bowl. Beat together butter, sugars, and vanilla in medium blowl with an electric mixer at high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes, then beat in egg until well combined. Reduce speed to low, then add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in granola and chocolate chips.
I used a small ice cream/cookie scoop (this would be equal to a large, rounded teasponful) to drop cookies onto an ungreased cookie sheet and baked until golden brown, about 10-11 minutes. Cool on sheet 1 minute, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg
1 cup granola - chop clusters if large
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350*
Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in small bowl. Beat together butter, sugars, and vanilla in medium blowl with an electric mixer at high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes, then beat in egg until well combined. Reduce speed to low, then add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in granola and chocolate chips.
I used a small ice cream/cookie scoop (this would be equal to a large, rounded teasponful) to drop cookies onto an ungreased cookie sheet and baked until golden brown, about 10-11 minutes. Cool on sheet 1 minute, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
.jpg)

3 Comments:
I don't know what I'm more impressed by: the fact that you made homemade cookies or the fact that you read Gourmet magazine! Anyway, lots of granola? Sounds like breakfast food to me!
Sounds great! No calories, right?
Mmmmmmmmmm. Please send some over right away to San Jose! :-)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home