Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Gracie Day





We received her just over 7 hours ago and, though she had a complete meltdown for about 20 minutes, things are going wonderfully. She is bonding to both of us in completely different ways. When she needs comfort, she comes to me. When she is looking for a playmate, she turns to her daddy.

She is sweet, bright, gentle and kind. And she's smart...extremely smart. I'll elaborate more on her personality later since I have to get going, but here are a couple of pictures from today. The first is of Grace right after we returned to our hotel from the Registry office. The second is her and Beans enjoying some goldfish after her first bath with us.

34 Comments:

Blogger Tonia said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! She is SOooooooo beautiful Kim! I love how she has her little hands folded in the front of her in the first picture. She looks every bit as sweet as you say she is. I'm so happy that she's bonding well with you and we will continue to pray that she keeps on attaching to you guys without problems!!!!

Gotta run and finish getting ready for work, but just wanna say, These pictures have made my whole day!!!

~Hugs
Tonia

4:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's so sweet. Congratulations!

4:34 AM  
Blogger Jacquie said...

I swear, she looks like you with dark hair in that second picture. She is extremely cute looking isn't she? :)

4:54 AM  
Blogger Eliza2006 said...

Awww, she's beautiful! Congrats!!!

Tiffany

5:56 AM  
Blogger Lisa~~ said...

She is a beauty, congratulations!!

5:58 AM  
Blogger Ani said...

She's beautiful. God bless her and your new family. Congratulations!

6:15 AM  
Blogger Johnny said...

Awww, what a cutie.

6:19 AM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

What a beautiful child! Congratulations to you.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

She is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Congrats you guys. Can't wait to see some more pictures and to hear all about her!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Kim, she is simply gorgeous and looks oh so sweet. I'm so glad she's finally with you...looking forward to seeing more photos later.

Enjoy this time getting to know your little girl.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Kim, it's Steph from the MSN Group. I've been eagerly following along! She is gorgeous!!! And she has hair!!! Congrats, congrats!

:-)
Steph

7:24 AM  
Blogger bbmomof2boys said...

Wow - she is so pretty!!!! Congrats!!!

~Carla

7:34 AM  
Blogger Gen said...

oh my gosh!! She is the prettiest little girl.

I am so happy for you - this is so wonderful!

Congratulations, many congratulations!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Eileen said...

Oh she looks so sweet! So pretty! Congratulations!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Congratulations! Grace is such a little beauty and she looks like a very sweet little girl. You all must be very happy!

Heather
www.encinosafamily.com

11:37 AM  
Blogger Family Bits said...

She is simply gorgeous!! It always amazes me how many beautiful, sweet and intellegent children are left behind. And how well they learn to cope.
Have fun bonding and spending that magical time together.

Karen

12:09 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

She's a cutie! Congrats!

Donna
Double Happiness!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Stephe said...

WOW! How AWESOME!!!! She's definately a cutie!!! Enjoy China!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Pug Mama said...

Ohhhhhhhh, Gracie is soooooo beautiful! Congrats to the 3 of you!!!!
a match made in heaven!!!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

She is so sweet! Congrats!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

She is adorable and looks oh-so-sweet. Congratulations!!!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Your daughter is precious!

Wishing you safe & happy travels.

Tammy

5:42 PM  
Blogger Joannah said...

She's such a beautiful child! Do you just keep pinching yourself to see if this is all for rea? I would!

6:10 PM  
Blogger dreamer said...

From the first picture I saw of her on this website I thought instantly you must have fallen for those deep dark eyes, eyes like I've never seen before.

She must be a child with an endless and deep and wonderful soul.

We are so happy for you.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have been following your site. I am so happy for you. She is so cute.
Congratulation.

Susan

7:12 PM  
Blogger Puddin' said...

She is so beautiful! Congratulations to all of you!

3:22 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

She is soooooo cute!! Congrats. Can't wait to see more pics.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Kim, I'm so happy for you all! She is beautiful.

3:27 AM  
Blogger rubyiscoming said...

what a little lady!!! congratulatiosn!! brought a tear to my eye :)

11:22 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

She looks beautiful! Congratulations!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

Grace is breathtaking! So happy to hear that it is going so well with the bonding. What a beautiful way to end a day, to see your sweet little angel.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Scott and Kim said...

Wow, Gracie is adorable! Glad to hear she is bonding with you both.
Thank you for sharing your experience!

5:20 PM  
Blogger glo said...

OK I am a little late, because I get sidetracked with other things, BUT i am here to send my love and congratulations to you. She looks so very sweet and yes sensitive. I will be reaidng more now to catch up on how things are going. I am so very happy for all of you.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Ava's family said...

She is soooooooo BEAUTIFUL!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home