Thursday, November 02, 2006

Ready to Come Home

In less than 48 hours we'll be on our way home...and we're ready. We go to the U.S. Consulate tomorrow to take our oath and then at 5:00 a.m. on Saturday, we're headed for the airport. Ugh...then there's that grueling flight from Hong Kong to Newark. It was tough just the 2 of us and should be even more fun with Grace. But luckily, she did incredibly well on the flight from Changsha to Guangzhou, so the only problem she should endure is being cooped up to so long.

You know, when we were preparing to travel to China to receive Grace, we were dreading the trip. But after a little bit of culture-shock upon arriving, we're so glad to be here. The Chinese culture is fascinating and we're so happy to have the experiences of this trip to share with Grace. And the people. The people have been nothing less than wonderful to us. I will never forget a minute of this journey. Ever.

So, this will be my last post from China. I'll leave you with a few photos.




16 Comments:

Blogger Dayngr said...

Beautiful! Wishing you all the best!

11:10 PM  
Blogger C's Mom said...

I'm so glad yoiur trip has been wonderful. Wishing you a safe journey home!

5:20 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Kim, my thoughts and prayers will be with you all on your journey home. Grace is such a doll. And I'm sure you and Tom are beaming with joy as parents. God Speed !

5:54 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

We pray your journey is safe and uneventful. She is such a beautiful girl and you guys are a beautiful family.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Your Gracie is just beautiful!!! We called our "Gotcha Day" Gracie Day too!! : )

Congratulations!
Lisa : )

11:31 AM  
Blogger glo said...

Wishing you a safe and wonderful trip homw. You have yourselves a little sweetheart!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Kim, Grace is such a beauty. That little outfit she is wearing is adorable...oh, and love the bunny slippers in the other photo.

I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying your time in China, and I can't wait to here more details once you're home and settled in.

Here's to a safe flight and I hope Grace does well.

Donna :)

3:54 PM  
Blogger Joannah said...

Have a safe trip home! Grace sure is a pretty girl.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

She is so beautiful! I bet it will be good to be home.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Tonia said...

I have to tell you, You guys are just a beautiful family! I can't began to tell you how beautiful it is to see Grace in your arms!!! She is just perfectly gorgeous and I can't wait to see the rest of the journey with her!!!!!

Can't wait to see your coming home pictures!!

Love bunches -
Tonia

5:56 PM  
Blogger Lisa~~ said...

Have a safe and easy trip home, it looks like you had a wonderful adventure.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Sandra said...

It looks like you've had a wonderful trip and I just have to say that Grace is one of the sweetest, prettiest little girls I've ever seen! Such a precious cutie! Welcome home!

7:57 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Hope you have a safe trip home. She is the sweetest little thing! :-) A true angel.

6:08 AM  
Blogger Ava Baby said...

Grace is just beautiful!! Congratulations and have a safe trip home.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Puddin' said...

There's no place like home! If only it were that easy to just click your heels 3 times and say that... :)

Have a safe trip!

4:16 PM  
Blogger Puddin' said...

WAIT! You ARE home~! (Heehee)

I didn't read the date on that post. Well then, WELCOME HOME!! :)

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home